For numerologists, the number 4 is one of the primary, single-digit numbers that rank among the most important. In numerology, everything in the universe is composed of the numbers 1-9. Each of these universal building-blocks contains its own secrets and its own personality.
Like its geometric representation of squares or diamonds, the number 4 represents solidity, strength, permanence and reliability.
By studying each of these vital single-digit numbers, we can gain special insights into the universe and understand the hidden meanings when these numbers appear.
The number 4 holds a special place in numerology. Balanced and responsible, it is a number which above all else represents trust and stability. Like its geometric representation of squares or diamonds, the number 4 represents solidity, strength, permanence and reliability.
Let’s dig in to its secrets:
What’s the meaning of the number 4 in numerology?
In numerology, the number 4 is a number of strength and solidity. Like four-sided shapes and four-sided structures, the number 4 represents a dependable strength and a powerful functional capacity.
It represents a well-tested, conservative approach to success. Reliability, dependability and a methodical approach to progress are core to the four. Conversely, new approaches or experimentation are the opposite of what 4 represents.
The number 4’s greatest strength comes from tried and true approaches that stand the test of time. The number 4 is reliable and steadfast. It’s a number you can count on.
NOTE: The number 4 is important to many other areas of the occult and divination. There are four tarot suits. There are 4 primary elements in astrology (Earth, Air, Fire and Water). There are four primary phases of the moon. There are four seasons, four winds and four dimensions including time.
Traits of the number 4 in numerology
- Down to earth: The numerology number 4 is rational, fair-minded and down to earth. It isn’t superficial and doesn’t put on airs. It avoids “bling” and is stable, sincere and practical. The number 4 is the type of friend you want to have: They’re rock-solid, rational and real.
- Productive: The numerology number 4 is productive and reliable. It represents diligent work output and an honest day’s work. Always the workhorse, the number 4 does not turn away from responsibility or difficult tasks. The number 4 is focused on the day-to-day and moves forwards in incremental, even steps towards completing its goals.
- Forever loyal: While other numbers may chase out-of-reach dreams, the latest fad or shiny baubles, the number 4 stays true to friends, family and close business associates. It doesn’t switch loyalties because of trends or out of temptation. Its stable, faithful approach makes it the friend or partner everyone wants.
- Persistent: The number 4 does not give up. It shows tenacity and dedication to the job at hand. The number 4 doesn’t get thrown-off by bumps in the road. It moves forwards methodically and persistently in an incremental, step-by-step approach towards its goals — and is not easily dissuaded.
- Trustworthy: The number 4 is honest. It doesn’t need to misrepresent itself. It knows its worth and the quality of its work. It takes the high road of honest dealings and truthful representations. The number 4 is a number you can count on.
Weaknesses of the number 4 in numerology
As shown above, the number 4 is a number of wonderful qualities — exemplifying so many reliable, productive and trustworthy traits. But it does have its downsides.
At times the number 4 can be:
- A little boring: While its dedication to hard work, baby-steps and honesty are of course worthy of high praise, there are times when the number 4 can rightly be accused of being a little boring. Sometimes it’s important to throw caution, responsibility and personal restraints to the wind and just live. That’s not something the number 4 does easily.
- Too conservative: The conservative approach may ultimately win in many (if not most) circumstances in life, but there are times when new ideas, new directions and a little risk taking are also important to success. The number 4 in numerology is at its heart a conservative number. It doesn’t often take risks or embrace new directions.
- Too set it its ways: Flexibility just isn’t the number 4’s thing. The geometric shapes of squares and diamonds, which visually represent the number 4, may be strong and eternal — but flexible they are not. The numerology number 4 has fantastic strengths, but the ability to turn on a dime or flex in new directions aren’t among them.
- A little preachy: Yes, a no-frills, conservative approach may be the safest path to success. And yes, the tortoise may bet the hare. But still, the numerology number 4’s tendency to preach it can definitely rub others the wrong way at times.
How does the numerology number 4 apply to you?
Now that we’ve gone through all the traits of the numerology number 4, the question is: Do these traits apply to you?
To reach that answer, we’ll need to examine the four most important numbers of a numerology reading:
- The Life Path Number
- The Destiny Number
- The Soul Urge Number
- The Inner Dream Number
The Life Path number 4 in numerology
One of the most important aspects of a numerology reading, the Life Path 4 is an important character indicator. It is calculated using the birth year, birth month and birth date to create a single digit indication of personality and character.
Are you a numerology Life Path 4? Try a free numerology report now and find out→
People with the Life Path 4 number in their numerology profile are stable, hard-working and down to earth. They’re not given to flights of passion or emotional outbursts. They work hard and they’re straight shooters when it comes to representing themselves and doing business.
When push comes to shove, they’re also the people you can rely on. They’re reliable and loyal, no matter what life throws at them. Life Path number 4’s tend to approach the world with a rational and logical mindset, and seldom let emotions cloud their judgement.
Are there downsides to the Life Path number 4 in numerology
Some potential negative traits associated with the numerology Life Path number 4 are a sometimes stodgy conservatism and a resistance to new ideas and new ways of doing things. They may also have a tendency to tell others how to do things, especially those who are more adventurous and open to alternative lifestyles.
Sometimes an individual with a Life Path 4 may come across as somewhat boring and uninteresting, because they are set in their ways and less likely to experiment, take risks or do things on the spur of the moment.
As far as negative traits go however, the worst you can really say about a Life Path 4 is that they’re just not all that exciting — which as far as negative traits go, is not particularly negative.
Numerology Life Path 4: Marriage and relationships
In romantic relationships, individuals with a number 4 Life Path are typically trustworthy and dedicated. Their focus is on building something bigger, and thinking about the future. They seek stability and intimacy, while avoiding flashy and drama-filled relationships.
If a Life Path 4 feels that a relationship is not going to “go the distance”, they are likely to break things off. They do not stay in relationships out of convenience or for social reasons. Their interest is in a positive, committed future together.
While other Life Path numbers may offer more thrills, excitement and adventure, a number 4 Life Path promises prosperity, stability and a real future together.
The Destiny number 4 in numerology
A Destiny number 3 (also sometimes called an “Expression number 4”) is one of the most important numbers in a numerology reading. A Destiny number is calculated solely with an individuals full name. (First name, middle name and last name).
Do you have a Destiny number 4 in your numerology report? Create a free numerology report now and see instantly→
For some, the idea of something as arbitrary as their name having a large impact on their destiny is difficult to understand.
Our “Destiny number” is calculated by numerologically reducing our full name into a single-digit number. Our names, as it turns out, can have powerful effects on the way others perceive us and interact with us.
Across the course of our lives, these micro-interactions and impressions ultimately influence our personal decision-making and can result in major course changes life choices.
How does your Destiny number affect career, marriage and health? Let’s take a look at each of these areas:
The numerology number 4 and career
The hardworking nature and reliability of the number 4 make them hard workers and responsible leaders. Their positive traits make them a perfect fit for several fields.
- Medicine and healthcare
- Legal professions
- Administrative fields
- Social workers
The reliable and responsible paths which lie at the core of the numerology number 4 Destiny number also signal parenthood, dedicated child-rearing and a commitment to family-life.
The numerology Destiny number 4 and romantic relationships
The Destiny number 4 points to a destiny of happy marriage and long-term relationships. Marriage is typically very stable and life together tends to be well planned and is usually prosperous.
Those with a numerology Destiny number 4 generally fall in love and get married to those with similar goals of stability, responsibility and careful planning. These relationships may not be the the most exciting, and they’re certainly not the most dramatic, but they are stable and generally very successful.
The numerology Destiny number 4 and health and fitness
The Destiny number 4 indicates a responsible outlook and eye for the future. When it comes to health and fitness, this usually translates to individuals who take care of their health over the long term.
They are unlikely to be smokers, especially in their middle or late years. They drink only socially (if at all) and always in moderation. Their diets are typically very healthy and they avoid foods which have long term negative impacts on their health.
Numerology Destiny number 4’s typically lead long lives and stay active into their old age.
The Soul Urge number 4 in numerology
In a numerology reading, the Soul Urge number is a powerful influence, although not at the same level as the Life Path or Destiny numbers. The Soul Urge number represents a source of inner happiness — or the thing that motivates us deep down.
Is there a Soul Urge number 4 in your numerology report? View your free numerology report here →
Unlike a personality type, the Soul Urge number is the thing that keeps us going, drives us onwards and gives us something to work for.
The number 4 Soul Urge number typically represents a deep seated desire for stability and financial security. Those with a Soul Urge number 4 are driven ever onwards by the goal of building a strong foundation upon which to live a happy and fulfilling life. They know there are no shortcuts, and they are prepared to make the necessary sacrifices to achieve financial stability, wealth and lasting prosperity.
Whether or not they achieve this however, is not specifically represented by the Soul Urge number 4. However, given that this goal is what brings them inner happiness, there is a good chance they will get there.
The Inner Dream number 4 in numerology
Compared to the other core numbers in a numerology reading, the Inner Dream number is the most subtle. It’s the number that exists just under the surface, seldom revealing itself.
An Inner Dream number represents a subliminal or subconscious desire for something. It may not even be known to the individual themselves for much of their lives.
When the Inner Dream number surfaces, the drive to avoid chaotic influences and organize their world will become powerful — even obsessive.
Sometime in life however, or on multiple occasions, the Inner Dream will suddenly rise to the surface and become a powerful influence. When the Inner Dream influence does rise to the surface, it may outshine all other influences.
An Inner Dream number 4 typically represents a desire for order and organization. This order may apply to their own personal life, or their workplace or society at large. When the Inner Dream number surfaces, the drive to avoid chaotic influences and organize their world will become powerful — even obsessive.
How this behavior represents itself in each person with an Inner Dream number 4 depends largely on the individual and their chosen career path.
Is the Inner Dream number 4 in your numerology report? See your free numerology report now →