What’s the meaning of the number 5 in numerology?
For numerologists, the number 5 is one of nine important single-digit numbers. The single digit numbers in numerology are considered the most fundamental. They form the primary elements out of which everything in the universe is composed.
The number 5 represents change in all its forms. It is a number of supreme adaptation. It can pivot and flex to fit in nearly any situation. It is jam-packed with energy …
These single-digit numbers each have their own characteristics and “personality”. By understanding the meaning of each of these single-digit numbers from 1 to 9, we can unlock hidden numerological meanings in nearly everything around us.
As the number which is in the dead center of the nine single digit numbers, the number 5 occupies a special, pivotal position in numerology.
The number 5 represents change in all its forms. It is a number of supreme adaptation. It can pivot and flex to fit in nearly any situation. It is jam-packed with energy and is often found standing at the center of attention.
Let’s dig into its secrets…
Traits of the number 5 in numerology
- Ever changing: The central position occupied by the number 5 gives it the pivotal power of change. The number 5 can turn on a dime, and change course with an ability that no other numbers have. It represents change in all its forms: Shifting personality, flexible career choices, changing sentiment and fluctuating energy levels. The number 5 is never still.
- Adaptable: The number 5’s ability to change course and attitude means that it can fit into nearly any situation. It’s a master of adaptability and flexibility. When the going gets tough, the number 5 can change and adapt to the new situation without missing a beat.
- Always social: The number 5’s ability to change and adapt also means it at home in nearly any social situation. Rarely awkward, rarely at a loss for words and rarely still, the number 5 is a social powerhouse. This social skill means it is always aware of the latest information and has its finger on the pulse of new opportunities and changing circumstances.
- Experimental: The ever-changing number 5 is always trying new things and experimenting with new approaches. It is a curious child at heart and never loses its sense of wonder and natural desire to explore, experiment and discover.
Weaknesses of the number 5 in numerology
With it’s social skills and upbeat, experimental love of change the number 5 is hard not to love. But that doesn’t mean it has no downsides. The number 5 does have its weaknesses.
At times the numerology number 5 can be:
- Flaky: With all that pivoting, changing and social flitting-about, the number 5 can come off as flaky and insincere. Plans that are made can often get broken at the last minute. Commitments which seemed rock-solid might end up being more flexible than anyone would expect.
- Hard to pin down: If you’re looking for a definite answer to a question, the number 5 is not the place to look. It’s usually non-committal and very hard to pin-down when it comes to dates, prices and any kind of definitive agreement.
- Aimless: The free-floating, directionless quality of the number 5 can make it seem a bit aimless. Trying to figure out exactly where it’s going can be a real challenge. As the number 5 is the “pivot number” in the exact middle of the single-digit numbers from 1 to 9, it can pivot without much warning, and head off in any random direction.
- A jack of all trades, but a master of none: With its experimental, ever-changing personality, the number 5 ends up experiencing an amazing number of things. Unfortunately, its sometimes aimless quality and flaky personality mean it might not stick around long enough to truly master anything at all.
How does the numerology number 5 apply to you?
Now that we’ve stepped through the positives and negatives of the numerology number 5, we still don’t know how these traits apply to you.
To figure that out, we’ll need to examine the four most important parts of a numerology reading:
- The Life Path Number
- The Destiny Number
- The Soul Urge Number
- The Inner Dream Number
The Life Path number 5 in numerology
Arguably the most important aspect of a numerology reading is the Life Path number. This important character indicator is calculated using our birth year, birth month and birth date to create a single digit representation of personality and character.
Are you a numerology Life Path number 5? See your free numerology report now and find out→
Individuals born with a 5 Life Path number are highly social and always exploring. They rarely stop anywhere for long before getting up again to see what’s around the next corner.
Life Path 5’s get bored easily, and if there’s not enough stimulation where they are currently, they get up and move on to the next thing. In a social setting, they do extremely well — moving from conversation to conversation, often meeting the entire room. They love meeting new people, having conversations about new topics and traveling to new places.
The natural adaptability of the number 5, means that Life Path 5’s function extremely well in any setting. Never self conscious or at a loss for words, the Life Path 5 is socially comfortable just about anywhere.
Are there any downsides to the Life Path 5 in numerology?
Some potential negative aspects to those with a 5 Life Path are that they tend to lose touch with old friends — if they have any. They are always moving on, changing addresses and making new friends which means they often don’t have deep, meaningful friendships which last a lifetime.
While they have endless enthusiasm for entrepreneurial projects, they often lack the long-term tenacity to see projects through hard times.
Life Path 5 in marriage and relationships
The Life Path 5 is fun. Period. They know lots of people. They’re always on the move. They’re like walking encyclopedias of where to go, and they seem to know people everywhere.
On the other hand, those social superpowers often don’t lend themselves to long-term stable relationships. Generally speaking, those with a Life Path 5 can have stable successful relationships if they marry “late”. In many cases, marriage with a Life Path 5 at ages under thirty means putting their natural drive for adventure on ice, or putting the marriage on the back burner.
The Destiny number 5 in numerology
A Destiny number 5 (which is sometimes called an “Expression number 5” by some numerologists) is typically regarded as the second most important number in a numerology reading. Derived solely from our names (First, middle and last), the Destiny number offers insight into what the future holds for each person.
Is the Destiny number 5 in your numerology report? See your free numerology report now and see instantly→
Our names are far more important than many people realize. Over the course of our lifetimes, the way people respond to our names can have huge effects on the way we interact with people and the many choices we make.
So how does the Destiny number 5 affect our career, love life and health? Let’s take a look at each of these outcomes:
The numerology number 5 and career
The numerology number 5 Destiny typically turns up in fast paced careers. They love a highly social work environment and the more travel the better.
Numerology Destiny number 5 careers include:
- Travel and tourism industry
Numerology Destiny number 5 and romantic relationships
As far as long term relationships go, the Destiny number 5 is not a particularly good indicator. This Destiny number typically points to short and medium term relationships. For them, thrill of the “new” will always outweigh the value of a prior relationship. It’s not uncommon for them to leave a trail of break-ups and heartbreak in their wake.
That’s not to say that long term relationships are impossible though. With the right person, who knows how to keep marriage interesting and exciting, the possibilities are endless.
Numerology Destiny number 5 and health and fitness
The Destiny number 5 in numerology is a puzzle when it comes to health and fitness. On the one hand, the Destiny number 5 points to an extremely active lifestyle. They’re most certainly not couch potatoes.
On the other hand, too much socializing can mean drinking, partying and not enough time spent at the gym.
Either destiny is possible for the number 5, and the outlook for health and fitness depends on the individual. With the “pivoting” and rapidly changing aspects of the number 5 (as discussed above) it’s also possible that number 5’s are yo-yo dieters, or bounce back and forth between periods of excess and periods of personal fitness.
The Soul Urge number 5 in numerology
The Soul Urge number is an extremely important number in a numerology reading. The Soul Urge (also called the “Desire Number”) represents the thing that makes is deeply happy. It forms an undercurrent throughout our lives, influencing everything we do in small ways.
Is there a Soul Urge number 5 in your numerology report? View your free numerology report here →
It may not be our overall destiny, but it’s something that we’re interested in. It influences us in subtle and very perceptible ways.
The numerology number 5 Soul Urge indicates an internal desire for personal freedom and autonomy. Those who have this Soul Urge number will find that everything they do, at some level comes down to achieving personal freedom.
The Inner Dream number 5 in numerology
An Inner Dream number is an interesting part of a numerology reading. Each of us has an Inner Dream that represents a deeply suppressed, possibly even subconscious desire to do something or achieve something.
The Inner Dream number can stay submerged for years at a time, until at one point (or several points) in our lives it surfaces and can become quite powerful.
The Inner Dream number 5 indicates a desire to throw all caution to the wind and travel freely to all corners of the Earth. The “travel bug” may be there, behind the scenes all the time, or it may suddenly appear like the sunrise and outshine all other desires.
If your Inner Dream is 5, be prepared for the desire to jump on an airplane and visit other countries to come on suddenly and irresistibly!
Do you have the Inner Dream number 5 in your numerology report? See your 100% free numerology report now →